Tuesday 3 July 2012

2 Things I (You) Shouldn’t Do Today.



1.      Have no clearly defined, achievable goals: it’s easy to have a myriad of goals and feel like Superman who is a guru at multi-tasking, but I realise that’s why he’s Superman; he’s Superhuman. On the other side of the scale, there’s me (or you); I’m human, I have limits, I like to multitask –or I like to think so. If I want to achieve my ultimate goal, I should be specific, timely and disciplined to follow my plans through; which basically trims down to my daily goals. Instead of listing out 10 people to call today, each for a minute; I’d rather call 3 people and spend ample time talking with them. I won’t plan to finish a whole book today because realistically, I can’t. I know many things call for my attention and some are painfully more important than reading a very good book; some things like writing the first chapter of my first book (second actually). I’d do myself a lot good by planning to read two chapters of that good book instead. In the end I’d be more excited to know at least 1 person likes me better today than having 8 who barely remember I called, I’d feel fulfilled to know I’m finally penning down the next big thing in my head. Easy really does it.

2.      See 1. Above



What’s on your not-to-do list today? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

5 comments:

  1. Nicely delivered....and completely true. We sometimes need to remember we are not super humans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Instead of listing out 10 people to call today, each for a minute; I’d rather call 3 people and spend ample time talking with them. I won’t plan to finish a whole book today because realistically, I can’t. I know many things call for my attention and some are painfully more important than reading a very good book"
    ...Yes, that's what I'll do :). I love what you're doing dear, I'm impressed. Just keep your head up, and the sky will be your limit.. I am your BIGGEST fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete